Since stations became required to broadcast high-definition TV signals, televisions that can pick up these signals have been in popularity. High definition televisions offer viewers clearer images, better and sharper surround sound technology and most importantly, pictures that have superior resolutions. This article discusses why high definition televisions are the way to go.
Why High Definition Televisions?
1. Superior Picture Resolution
Televisions that are able to pick up and transmit HD signals offer a much higher picture resolution than most of the televisions that use digital technology and not high def. This results in a sharper picture quality if you have a high definition television.
2. Increased Aspect Ratio
Digital televisions currently available feature an aspect ratio of 4:3, whereas the aspect ratio for high definition televisions is much higher at about 16:9. An aspect ratio is the height and width of the screen.
This means that a 4:3 ratio features a screen that is four feet in width and 3 feet in height and the same for an aspect ratio of 16:9 found on high def television. This higher aspect ration on high def televisions mean that these TVs have a much crisper and clearer image quality than digital televisions.
3. Surround Sound – Dolby A3 Digital
The Dolby A3 digital surround sound is featured on these televisions and is the standard on most high definition televisions. This means that high def televisions offer independent channels (5.1) of stereo surround sound that is of a compact disc quality which is frequently referred to as AC-3.
4. Decrease in the Motion Artifacts
Motion artifacts, a few of which are dot crawls and ghosting present on less technologically advanced televisions are reduced on HD televisions which makes high def televisions a viewing pleasure for most if not all of those with these televisions.
Additional Considerations High Definition Television Purchase
1. Input and output jacks on high def televisions should be paid attention to by potential buyers which must be compatible with other equipment to be attached to the television such as DVD players, consoles for video games, cables connections, etc.
2. High def tuner compatibility to the high HD television is crucial. Check the compatibility to the satellite or cable service used before purchase.
3. Will the buyer need an external antenna for any off air broadcasting. First check to ensure that the HD television can receive off air broadcasts. If the HD television cannot easily receive these broadcasts that are off air, the buyer may need to use his/her own antenna that is external.
HD televisions are the way to go and you should be able to find one that meets your desires and your budget easily. High definitions televisions means that you will have superior viewing capacity.